Core Knowledge provides a body of content that focuses on core subject areas for students in grades K-8. Core Knowledge is:
- solid (foundational),
- sequenced (across the grade levels and subject areas),
- specific (prioritized content in the core subjects), and
- shared (a common structure of knowledge allows for higher-level thinking and learning).
Students educated with Core Knowledge benefit from an education that suits any student, fosters a consistency of academic excellence, and provides a foundation for learning that paves the way for students’ future learning.
Core Knowledge is used in the following Imagine Schools:
- Imagine Firestone, CO
- Imagine Indigo Ranch, CO
- Imagine Southeast Public Charter School, DC
- Imagine Indiana Life Sciences Academy East & West, IN
- Imagine Foundations Public Charter School, MD
- Imagine Lincoln Public Charter School, MD
- Imagine Hope Community Charter School – Lamond & Tolson, DC
To learn more about Core Knowledge visit: http://www.coreknowledge.org/